Ten Reasons to Work with an Interior Designer:By Jill Kirchner, American Homestyle & Gardening
1. The ability to solve problemsWhether you’re plagued by a featureless room or poor traffic flow, a designer is an expert in understanding color, scale, light and space.
2. Access to a much wider range of resources for ALL budgetsThe world of interior design is limitless; “Trade only” is no longer a closed door.
3. The expertise to prevent costly mistakesAn experienced designer will ensure you journey down a smooth and well traveled path.
4. ContactsDesigners know & work with the best workrooms and trades- people.
5. Guidance Perhaps the most difficult aspect of design is selecting from the choices available. A designer can review the options & offer advice through the process.
6. Better quality & longer-lasting styleTimeless designs & well manufactured furnishings coupled with keen insight = longevity an interior designer can help achieve.
7. Help set prioritiesA designer will give you advice on how best to spend your money now-and plan for future phases of the design process.
8. Arbitration with your significant otherA designer can be the third party with out vested interest and help ease through disagreements.
9. An advocateDesigners work with trades-people, showrooms and manufacturers on a regular basis and have more leverage to get things repaired or replaced when needed.
10. Ability to get the job doneIt is the designer’s job to follow through with every aspect of the process and ensure each detail and element makes you satisfied.
1 hour ago