Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What Great People!!!

The whole fam at Christmas.

The Echols clan in Memphis.

Nichole and I at a party in 2008.


Oliver and his first sip of Grants homebrew beer.

Our anniversary.






As Thanksgiving rapidly approaches (which totally blows my mind), I can't help but think about all the amazing blessings I have in my life and the many things I am thankful for. Things like hot wings and ranch dressing, new boots, sweaters, my dvr'd shows, my new blog friends. I know, all those things are pretty silly, but they put a smile on my face!
More importantly, I am grateful for a roof over my head, food on my table, warm clothes and a loving family. It pains me to no end to know that some people don't have these "luxuries" in their lives. I know sometimes I take them for granted, I have never had to go without, and I am blessed.

I am especially grateful for the amazing people in my life. Family and Friends who mean so much to me, I only hope they know it. But just in case, I would like to thank them now.


My AMAZING husband Grant. My hero, my rock and my strength. I have loved him since the moment I met him and I can't imagine my life without him. He has loved me with everything he has, supported me through crazy jobs, sleepless nights, dried MANY tears and held me tight. We have celebrated milestones big and small. I don't go a day without laughing with him (or at him). He never ceases to amaze me with how much he loves me. I am blessed to have a strong, happy, healthy marriage. I love you Grant!!

My parents. I don't even know where to start. I am forever grateful to them for everything they have ever done for me. For loving me unconditionally, supporting crazy ideas, being there no matter what and giving of themselves unselfishly. My mom, she taught me to laugh at myself, make others laugh, be strong and courageous. My dad, he taught me to push forward, work hard and never give up. He taught me to appreciate the small things in life and to never take life for granted. They both taught me what it means to love.

My best friend Nichole. She is the sweetest person I know and has an amazing heart. She makes me laugh like no one else can. Best friends since we were 2, she knows so much about me and still loves me! She will literally talk to me about ANYTHING from reality TV shows to trying to get pregnant. She is there no matter what to support and listen. She is the sister I never had and I am forever grateful!!

My extended family is just the best!!! I can't say enough about these people that have touched my life so much. Aunts, uncles, cousins, my niece and nephew, my mother and father in law and my sister and brother in law. I could say something about how great each and everyone of them are, but I would be writing for days!!! They have supported and loved me through so many things and I am just blown away by their compassion. It means more to me than they will ever know.

I don't want to leave out my friends, from grade school to college, we have been through so much and laughed most of the way! I have the best friends and hope that in return, I have been a good friend right back!

I have to give a special mention to my side kick and shadow, the one and only, Oliver. Not only is he my loyal companion, he is also a great listener and cuddler. He never fails to make me laugh and brings so much joy to my life. He is a little angel and a very sweet puppy!

This year has been challenging and often times down right awful. No matter what happened, I had these people in my corner (and plenty of others...but this blog would go on for days!) I'm so blessed that these people have been there to share in the good moments as well as the bad.


Thank you to all my friends and family for being so fabulous!!! I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I would love to know what you are thankful for this year!! Leave a coment and let me know what you are most Thankful for this year!!














2 comments:

Colin, Ashley, Aiden and Brady said...

I'm pretty thankful for my fabulous sister-in-law--Love you Mere! Ash

Shannon said...

What a great post! I loved seeing all the pictures. Happy Thanksgiving!!!