Monday, June 8, 2009

My Birthday Thoughts, Reflections and Tears...

Tomorrow, I turn 31. I have to say, this feels really strange to me. It has been a little hard for my to accept...I was just 16 last week after all!! Where has all the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was playing with dolls, pretending to be a wife and a mom and wearing hot pink rubber bands on my braces. Now, I am a grown up with a husband, I own a home and a car and even a dog! Somedays, I still feel like I am that little girl playing pretend. Its hard to believe how far I've come and how blessed I truly am in my life. Its nice to take a step back and evaluate all the plans I had for myself and what actually happened. I set quite a few goals for myself to acheive before I turned 30. I have acheived a good deal of them, however, there are a few things that I have yet to accomplish. I trust that when the time is right, it will happen. But what I have accomplished thus far is pretty incredible!!!
So, on this, the eve of my 31st birthday, I sit here with tears running down my face. Not tears of sadness, but tears of joy and happiness!! I have had 31 amazing years, filled with laughter, happiness, amazing family and friends, love, success, and plenty of good times. Not too shabby for this old lady!! Thank you to all my unbelievable family who have loved me and cared for me so much. Thank you to my incredible husband who loves me so much and shows me everyday! (Grant, you are the best! I love you!!) Thank you to all my friends who never fail to make me smile!! I really have a lot to be grateful for.
Maybe being 31 isn't so bad, I do feel a lot wiser today!! I hope that this next year is filled with just as much happiness as the past 31 have been!! And maybe I will achieve some of those goals by the time I turn 32!! Happy Birthday to me!!!!

No comments: