Thursday, November 13, 2008

My little red table!!


As a designer, I have access to pretty much any piece of furniture or fabric my heart desires. I love when I find furniture that is odd or unusual. Furniture that has a story, or a history. I like to think about who used it and where they placed it in their home. I also love to find a great deal!! This little red table was a great price, and it looks like it has quite a story. It is old and rustic looking. I wasn’t sure what I would do with the table, but I knew I had to have it! I tried it behind my sofa and it looked so great. However, I had been looking for a side table for a long time and this fit the bill. I like it because it is not expected. It is beat up and rough and I bet a little girl used it for her desk or it was in the entryway of an old farm house. Whatever the story, I am just glad it found its way into my family room! (I know, I need to hide my cords!! Don't giv me a design citation!!)

No comments: