Friday, May 15, 2009

Designing on a Budget

I often have clients who are scared out of their minds to hire me. While I am extremely intimidating (HEHE!! I wish!), it is just silly. They feel like I am going to come into their home, and FORCE them to buy a bunch of expensive items that they don't need and can't afford. Well, little do they know, I am actually on their side! I know what it means to work with a budget and even to work under that budget. That is part of my job. My job is pretty simple, to make your home/office into the space you want it to be, and do so while following your budget. That has always been my main goal while running my business. I want to help EVERYONE achieve the vision they have for their space, no matter how much or how little they have to spend. Its just what I do!
With that being said, I have a few tips for decorating on a budget. I believe spring is the best time to freshen up a room and make it an inviting and functional space. Sometimes the smallest changes can make a big difference in the way your home looks and feels. Here are a few ideas:
1. Choose one new color for your room and pull it into slipcovers, rugs, place mats or curtains. It creates a newness and cohesiveness. Spray paint a lamp base or a picture frame the same shade to tie everything together.
2. Dress up a wall by adding a tight group of your favorite pictures. Pull your chosen color in with the matting and the frames. Vary the width and length of the frames to add visual interest and depth to the wall.
3. Make or purchase new pillow covers. They are actually pretty easy to make. You would not believe what a difference new pillows make in a space!! And its really inexpensive!
4. PAINT! Painting is one of the most inexpensive things you can do to a room and make a really big impact. Your room will look and feel brand new!!
I hope this gives you all some ideas to freshen up your space, without spending a ton of money!! Maybe this will inspire some of you for that weekend project!! Send me a message and pics of what you design this weekend!!

No comments: