Sunday, December 20, 2009

New (old) Hobby

Recently, I started sewing. Now, I have sewn before, just not like this. I find myself making something new every day and really looking forward to sewing. I feel with each day, I get a little bit more confident in my attempts and I am slowly getting better at my technique. The last time I sewed was about 3 years ago when I made curtains for out home in Minnesota!! So, I decided to dust off my machine and give it a whirl again. I am about 2 weeks into it and this is usually when I get frustrated and either quit or just start hot gluing my projects instead of sewing!! I can still remember sewing as a child. I was in 4-H and one of my best friends had a mom who could sew like nobodies business!! She helped me make a skirt that year which I still have! After that, I tried to make doll clothes and found it to be a bit more challenging. So, I found the hot glue gun, and glued a rather cute little skirt with suspenders for my doll. It was really special!!! Any who, I am bound and determined to stick with it this time!! I am currently setting up shop in our guest bedroom, but I would love a space like the one below!! Doesn't it just scream BE CREATIVE!!!!!! Someday!!!!





No comments: