Monday, January 18, 2010

Dark Grout, White Tile????

I would say my design style is somewhat traditional. I like to call it transitional actually, a nice mix between traditional and contemporary. I have ALWAYS been very traditional when it comes to picking the grout color for tile. I always pick a color that blends in with the tile, that doesn't stand out or look strange. When I came accross these pictures of white subway tile and dark grout, I was intrigued a wee bit. This is quite the departure for me in the world of tile and grout. But I gotta say, I kinda dig it!!! I could see myself suggesting this for a client sometime! What a great way to add a little spice to plain old tile!! Maybe I'm not so traditional after all???


What do you athink about the dark grout and light tile???










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like it!

Meredith from PenelopeLovesLists said...

Hmmm ... not sure I love the dark grout with the light tile. It reminds me just a touch too much of a subway station. But, these kitchens are gorgeous anyway.

Sunny said...

I like it in the top two pics, but it doesn't work in the third pic for me. Interesting!

Kathysue said...

Sorry,too busy for my eyes. I like light and airy so I would stick with light grout.Kathysue

Jennifer said...

Not for me. Dark grout always makes me think it's just dirty. The tile in our house has some darker grout with the white tiles. Drives me nuts!